Like our services, Rhoads was built to last – and that starts with hiring the right people.
Our team’s trade skills, experience and commitment to efficiency, safety and productivity is what has ensured our superior track record of performance and trust with our clients for more than a century.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Rhoads team, apply now.
Rhoads Industries is currently seeking a Pipefitter to join their team. This individual will perform on site installation, maintenance, and upgrades to machinery, equipment, and facilities according to verbal, written instruction, PI&Ds, engineered drawings and schematics.
Responsibilities of Industrial Service Pipe Fitter/Welder:
- Perform in the field using related experience and knowledge of codes and specifications.
- Reads and deciphers work scope, engineered drawings, and PI&Ds to determine work procedures and build method.
- Works with Installation group at the customer work site. Dismantle, move, rig, assemble, and install process equipment, machinery as well as facility upgrades.
- Install necessary piping to equipment as well as facility upgrades.
- Assembles machinery, bolts, welds, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Repairs, lubricates, and service machinery and equipment per specifications. Works in a safe manner according to company and site safety standards.
Requirements of Industrial Service Pipe Fitter/Welder:
- The successful candidate must have experience with MIG, TIG, and Stick, welding process to qualify to the Pipe 6-G and structural in various positions both in stainless steel and steel. Past welding certification history is a plus.
- Must be able to both fit and connect process piping by means of welding, sweating, swaging, gluing, bolting, threading, clamping, etc.
- Experience with installation of sanitary (food and pharmaceutical) process piping and Orbital welding.
- Able to use various measuring equipment.
- Qualified individuals must possess a full range of mechanical knowledge as well as the ability to fabricate and install piping and equipment as specified on drawings and PI&Ds.
- This individual should have excellent communication skills and a team player.
- A strong customer-service focus is essential to succeed in this position.
- Interested candidates should be willing to work flexible hours to meet the installation needs of our customers.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- Have all the necessary hand tools to perform their discipline.
- Able to supply their own transportation to and from job sites within the tri state area.
- High school Graduate, related Trade school and History of past experience in this industry required.
- Pipe Fitter/Welder: 3 years