Like our services, Rhoads was built to last – and that starts with hiring the right people.
Our team’s trade skills, experience and commitment to efficiency, safety and productivity is what has ensured our superior track record of performance and trust with our clients for more than a century.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Rhoads team, apply now.
GENERAL FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for cost and resource loading and reporting.
- Collects and analyzes information used to plan and schedule construction projects.
- Generates forecasts, variance reports, and other documentation used to monitor and manage projects.
- Researches and reports on economic, legal, and other factors that may impact project success.
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects and the reduction of issues due to scheduling errors.
- Understands and utilizes standard planning and scheduling methodologies and tools.
- Prepares plans and schedules for small and routine projects.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Project.
- Must be proficient in CPM Scheduling.
- Knowledge of construction; particularly in Mechanical, Electrical, and Shipboard systems a plus.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Have a mature ability to lead effectively and work as part of a team.
- Possess substantial industry knowledge, continuous learning ability, innovative spirit, and agile problem solving skills .
- Have intermediate skill in handling multiple responsibilities, setting priorities, managing tasks, and overseeing several projects simultaneously.
- Be proficient in working under time pressure.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of practical project management software and spreadsheet skills; be proficient in computer operation skills.
- Possess good organizational skills, be detail-oriented & accurate, and demonstrate intermediate analytical skills.
- BS degree in Arts or Science, or the equivalent amount of education or experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous Scheduling experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to communicate requirements in an industrial environment.
- Thorough familiarity with and understanding of AWS, ASME, and ABS Codes.
- Understanding and familiarity with ISO, UL, and AISC Certifications.
- Business Development, Customer Service, and Communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and CPM Scheduling.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving in an automobile, and may require walking and standing on irregular and uneven surfaces in an industrial setting. The performance of this position involves exposure to construction or industrial areas where the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats and hearing protection is required.
- Rhoads Industries is currently seeking a Scheduler to join their team. This individual has the responsibility of providing mechanical contracting, steel fabrication, factory maintenance, and piping scheduling services on Rhoads’ projects. Rhoads employees have first line responsibility for adhering to, and enforcing all applicable safety precautions and programs, and shall thoroughly read and understand, all Rhoads’ standard procedures for maintenance of ISO 9000, ASME, and AISC certifications.
Rhoads Industries is currently seeking a Pipefitter to join their team. This individual will perform on site installation, maintenance, and upgrades to machinery, equipment, and facilities according to verbal, written instruction, PI&Ds, engineered drawings and schematics.
Responsibilities of Industrial Service Pipe Fitter/Welder:
- Perform in the field using related experience and knowledge of codes and specifications.
- Reads and deciphers work scope, engineered drawings, and PI&Ds to determine work procedures and build method.
- Works with Installation group at the customer work site. Dismantle, move, rig, assemble, and install process equipment, machinery as well as facility upgrades.
- Install necessary piping to equipment as well as facility upgrades.
- Assembles machinery, bolts, welds, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Repairs, lubricates, and service machinery and equipment per specifications. Works in a safe manner according to company and site safety standards.
Requirements of Industrial Service Pipe Fitter/Welder:
- The successful candidate must have experience with MIG, TIG, and Stick, welding process to qualify to the Pipe 6-G and structural in various positions both in stainless steel and steel. Past welding certification history is a plus.
- Must be able to both fit and connect process piping by means of welding, sweating, swaging, gluing, bolting, threading, clamping, etc.
- Experience with installation of sanitary (food and pharmaceutical) process piping and Orbital welding.
- Able to use various measuring equipment.
- Qualified individuals must possess a full range of mechanical knowledge as well as the ability to fabricate and install piping and equipment as specified on drawings and PI&Ds.
- This individual should have excellent communication skills and a team player.
- A strong customer-service focus is essential to succeed in this position.
- Interested candidates should be willing to work flexible hours to meet the installation needs of our customers.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- Have all the necessary hand tools to perform their discipline.
- Able to supply their own transportation to and from job sites within the tri state area.
- High school Graduate, related Trade school and History of past experience in this industry required.
- Pipe Fitter/Welder: 3 years