Like our services, Rhoads was built to last – and that starts with hiring the right people.
Our team’s trade skills, experience and commitment to efficiency, safety and productivity is what has ensured our superior track record of performance and trust with our clients for more than a century.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Rhoads team, apply now.
Ready to join a winning team?
If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference and get satisfaction on a daily basis, join our team.
Headquartered at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, Rhoads is a multidiscipline corporation that provides industrial fabrication, installation and maintenance services to world markets since 1896. We serve commercial customers in a variety of industries such as paper, packaging and food & beverage with end-to-end millwrighting, mechanical, piping and fabrication support. With 24/7 emergency support, in-house service and leading millwrighting and rigging, all supported by superior project management.
We offer competitive benefits including: 401K plan, medical, dental and vision, paid time off, vacation, short term disability and life insurance.
Learn more about Rhoads and our staff Click Here
Listed below are just a few of the great career opportunities currently available with Rhoads Industries.
We have partnered with Indeed.com to post and manage our jobs. Please click here access our jobs page and to apply online.
For fastest consideration we strongly encourage you to submit a detailed resume that outlines your relevant experience as well as any applicable certifications.
Rhoads Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IT Network Support Technician (SALARY: $55,000 TO $65,000 )
The IT Support Technician works alongside the IT department staff to provide helpdesk support to employees, respond to queries, and diagnose and resolve end-user incidents. Serves as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email. Configures and deploys end-user computers, peripherals, and handheld devices. Creates and manages user accounts in Active Directory and Microsoft 365. Administrates Microsoft 365 cloud environment. Assists with network infrastructure management.
- Responds to end-user helpdesk queries
- Prepares, deploys, and inventories laptop and desktop workstations
- Prepares, deploys, and inventories mobile phones and tablets
- Deploys and installs software and software updates
- Builds new deployable Windows images
- Creates and manages Active Directory / Azure Active Directory accounts and groups
- Creates and manages Microsoft Exchange email inboxes
- Creates and manages Duo Security accounts
- Oversees two-factor authentication (2FA) enrollment and mobile device management (MDM) enrollment
- Manages user permissions in local and cloud environments
- Troubleshoots miscellaneous software and hardware issues
- Delivers new employee technology onboarding training
- Records events, problems, and their resolution in logs
- Assists with general management of network infrastructure hardware
- Configures and organizes Active Directory Organizational Units (OUs) and Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Administrates Microsoft SharePoint intranet site
- Writes documentation for systems and processes and publishes user guides
Maintenance Electrician (SALARY: $20.00/HR To $27.00/Hr)
Under general supervision, performs the variety of electrical trade functions for the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, and utilization of electrical energy in the entire facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and installation tasks on the physical plant, equipment and machinery, according to standards. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
- Solves all electrical emergency problems or contacts supervisor for instructions.
- Performs minor mechanical repairs or adjustments.
- Locates and diagnoses troubles in the electrical system or equipment.
- Rebuilds/refurbishes and tests electrical and electronic assemblies.
- Plans sequence of operations to effect repairs with minimum of time and expense.
- Reports major problems to the Supervisor for decisions.
- Install and troubleshoot commercial and industrial wiring of single, two and three phase circuits up to and including 480 volts.
- Works with blueprints, drawings, layout, or written or verbal instructions.
- Capable of interpreting complicated wiring diagrams and schematic drawings.
- Capable of laying out work.
- Makes standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring and electrical equipment.
- Uses a variety of electrician’s hand tools, measuring devices, and testing instruments.
- Uses conduit bending and threading equipment, drills, hoists, etc.
- Operated Powered Industrial Equipment as required.
- May supervise the work of helpers and apprentices on assignment.
- Follows established Company Policies & Procedures, Sanitary Codes, and Safety Requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance and completes work orders as assigned.
- Completes daily work cards and other paperwork, documenting work activities and man hours.
Industrial Service Pipe Group Leader (SALARY: $36.00/hr. to $44.00/hr.)
Manage the fabrication and installation of complex Piping Systems and other custom components at field locations. Will meet with clients at various facilities and gather information by means of bid meetings, site walkthroughs , meeting directly with facility plant managers, project managers and engineers. Prepare estimations and proposals for approval by the Industrial Service Manager based on client’s needs, work scope to include material, labor, code requirements, logistics etc. Supervise and schedule work crews, monitor the crews for quality and budget to include change orders . Close out projects and review billing to present to the client.
Responsibilities of the industrial service pipe group leader:
- Visit various job sites directed by the Industrial Services Manager
- Acquire work scope from clients by means of attending bid meetings, requests from the client, client’s verbal directive etc.
- Review drawings, drawing notes, work scope, sketches , and or information from the client
- Estimates all labor, materials, logistics and all costs to perform and complete client’s request
- Prepares all costs for the project in an organized format and presents to the Industrial Service Manager for approval.
- Prepares proposal to include all stipulations and clarifications.
- Summits purchase order requests for the project to purchasing
- Schedule project with client
- Establishes manpower needs and schedules with Industrial Service dispatcher
- Schedules shop fabrication as needed to support field installation
- Lines up equipment for project installation
- Gives field installation crews complete directive of work scope and instruction.
- Routinely communicates with client and field crews to monitor progress
- Makes frequent visits to worksite locations
- Assures work scope is complete and closes project that includes final billing to the client
Project Manager/Designer 57 Shop (SALARY: Shop 65K-75K)
Full Job Description:
Detail complex fabrications from engineered drawings, site conditions, customer requirements, specifications, sketches, build methods, and welding codes for Steel construction and Sheet Metal fabrication into manageable work packages for shop fabrication, delivery, and installation that include shop drawings, welding/quality documentation, and customer needs.
- Interpret construction drawings, specifications, welding/quality requirements, and customer information.
- Communicates with the customer, stakeholders, and engineers.
- Produce shop drawings for fabrication that comply with the specifications and requirements as applicable utilizing AutoCAD and Inventor software programs and prepare files for Laser process equipment.
- Creates Bills of materials and places Pos.
- Prepare shop packages that adhere to the latest industrial standards including but not limited to: AISC, AWS, ASTM, ASME, MIL, NAVSEA, and Rhoads standards.
- Plan methods and workflow through the fabrication shop at Rhoads 57 shop for efficient field installation and or delivery.
- Field measure and sketch as needed.
- Participate in planning and managing documentation such as estimates, proposals timesheets, invoices, writing contracts, and customer change orders.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and is expected to submit work that is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Follows through each work package to completion and compliance to include its process through the shop.
- Perform other assignments as required.
- A minimum of 10 years of work history detailing in the Steel construction / Sheet metal industry is a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Inventor drafting software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong Excel skills
- Candidates will be required to successfully pass pre-employment screenings including background checks, substance abuse screenings, and provide proof of US citizenship.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. stand/walk for long periods and climb a ladder
(Salary: $65,000 TO $75,000)
This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent in all phases of the project, including technical review, execution, and closeout support.
- Collect, review and process Submittal and RFI project documentation and distribute to appropriate business partners.
- Activate and maintain accurate project files including logs for change orders, permits, submittals, RFI’s, etc.
- Maintain close-out documents for project completion (i.e., OQE, O & M manuals, etc.)
- Assist Project Manager in developing, monitoring, and updating the project schedule and managing the project.
- Participate in planning and managing documentation like timesheets, invoices, writing contracts, and owner change orders, and evaluating quantities of work in place.
- Attend all project meetings; compose or transcribe meeting minutes, interoffice memos, and format correspondence to clients, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies, and other associates.
- Assist the Project Manager as a liaison between the engineer(s), owner(s), and field personnel.
- Assist Superintendent and project team members with interpreting drawings and specifications.
- Assist in mentoring, training, and development of other Project Engineers
- Ensure Safety is never compromised; communicate and support the project safety program as needed and participate in conducting safety inspections.
- Participate in bid package drawing and technical reviews; coordinate and monitor the bid package process and quotes to ensure quote coverage.
- Able to take instruction, display knowledge of the work being performed, able to retain and apply skills taught.
- Report suggestions/recommendations to the job supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Fitter/ Fabricator Shop
(SALARY: $19.44/hr. to $34.58/hr.)
Prep, layout, fit, finish, and repair complex fabrications to work packages per product specifications, and production schedule under the guidance of the shop superintendent.
- Review, despiser, understand, and execute information from work packages, fabrication drawings, blueprints, weld symbols, specifications, and customer requirements.
- Cuts, shears, shapes, preps material using various shop equipment for assembly of fabrications.
- Preforms weld preps based on weld symbols and specifications on processed material
- Builds fixtures as needed to hold weldments to tolerance when welding
- Set up and operate machinery to support the fabrication shops such as: hand and power tools, magnetic drills, drill press, grinders, cutting torches, cutting tractors, breaks, shears, etc.
- Lay, position, and align processed materia tol assist welders in securing parts & assemblies according to specifications by various measuring devices, straightedges, combination squares, levels, building aids, etc.
- Work within assigned group to move and position workpieces using overhead cranes
- Fills out and maintains work packages as required
- Has own personal basic fitting and measuring tools
- Inspects own work to assure it meets product specifications, issued drawings, shop package completion, and is compliant before presented to QA
- Inspect equipment to maintain functionality; report any equipment malfunctions
- Work with others to assist in the fabrication of multi-component fabrications as well as on their own.
- Dispatched to other buildings within the Navy yard and possible other job sites at times when requested
(SALARY: $27.00/HR TO $34.58 /HR)
This position is responsible managing on-site ship repair work. The ideal candidate will have previous superintendent experience, maintain attention to detail, and hold safety paramount.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focus on safety. Provide a work environment that reduces to zero the number of lost workdays, injuries, and accidents.
- Interface daily with company departments; commercial, operations, safety and security, etc. Interface with third parties for coordination of vessel operations at the facility.
- Physically walk jobs to verify progress and overcome obstacles.
- Monitor and report man hours vs. budget hours.
- Serve as the back-up to the Shipyard Superintendent, who is the primary marine operations representative at the terminal.
- Act as the alternate marine operations point of contact for other port terminal operators, ship’s agents, harbor marine pilots, line handling contractors, vessel representatives, USCG, etc.
- Assist in planning and executing work activities and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Manage on-site fitters, welders, electricians, and other tradesmen to ensure work is completed on time.
- Work with project manager to ensure the project is completed in an acceptable manner, controlling cost, planning upcoming work, determining crew size.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preference given to those within a 1.5 hour radius of Philadelphia
(SALARY: $32.00/hr. to $34.00/hr. Start)
Prep, layout, tack, weld, finish, and repair complex fabrications to work packages in accordance with product specifications, production schedule under the guidance of the shop superintendent.
- Read and understand work packages, drawings, and blueprints.
- Layout, position, align and secure parts & assemblies according to specifications by using tape measures, straightedges, combination squares, levels, and other various measuring tools.
- Perform welding using the GMAW, FCAW and GTAW welding processes
- Work within assigned group to move and position work pieces using overhead cranes
- Operate hand and power tools such as magnetic drills, grinders, cutting torches and automated welding tractors, etc.
- Inspect own work assure it meets product specifications, shop packages and is compliant before presented to QA
- Inspect equipment to maintain functionality; report any equipment malfunctions
- Set-up and operate machinery to support the fabrication such as punching, shearing, cutting, drilling etc.
- Work with others to assist in the fabrication of multi-component fabrications
- Dispatched to other buildings within the Navy yard and possible other job sites at times when requested
Industrial Service (SALARY: $25.00/hr. to $34.58/hr)
Perform on-site installation, maintenance, and upgrades to machinery, equipment, and facilities according to verbal, and written instruction, PI&Ds, engineered drawings, and schematics.
- Perform in the field using related experience and knowledge of codes and specifications.
- Reads and deciphers work scope, engineered drawings, and PI&Ds to determine work procedures and build methods.
- Works with the Installation group at the customer work site. Dismantle, move, rig, assemble, and install process equipment, machinery as well as facility upgrades.
- Install necessary piping to equipment as well as facility upgrades.
- Assembles machinery, bolts, welds, or otherwise fastens them to the foundation or other structures.
- Repair, lubricate, and service machinery and equipment per specifications. Works safely according to company and site safety standard
(SALARY: $25.00hr. to $34.58/hr)
Prep, layout, tack, weld, test, complex pipe spools and complex piping systems to work packages, drawings, PI&Ds per ASME B31.1 and MIL TP278, to production schedule under the guidance of the shop superintendent.
- Perform pipe welding with pipe fitting experience using knowledge of codes and specifications.
- Reads and deciphers work packages, work scope, engineered drawings, and PI&Ds
- Works with the pipe shop group with a focus on quality, customer compliance, and schedule
- Assemble piping spools, weld, test, and assure all shop packages are complete and work is compliant before presenting to QA
- Assures welding equipment is in good working condition and reports any malfunctions or maintenance needed.
- Have all personal gear to perform pipe welding and fitting including welding gear, measuring devices, levels square, etc. maintained in good condition
Boilermaker – Maritime Group Leader (SALARY: $36.00/HR To $40.00/Hr)
This individual will lead a crew for onsite installations, maintenance, and upgrades to machinery, equipment, and facilities according to verbal, and written instruction, PI&Ds, engineered drawings, and schematics. This person reports to the Piping Supervisor and project managers.
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedure and tools and material requirements. Receives instructions, blueprints, and work orders for the job. Develops working procedure for the job, material requirements, scaffolding, and other equipment required.
- Perform related experience and knowledge of codes and specifications for Maritime repair. Reads and deciphers work scope, engineered drawings, and PI&Ds to determine work procedures and build method.
- Dismantle, move, rig, assemble, and install equipment
- Repairs, lubricates and services machinery and equipment per specifications.
- Works safely according to company and site safety standards
- Fabricates equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repairs equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment. Plans and schedules machinery installation and repairs to avoid interfering with plant operations. Follows lockout/tag-out procedures to shut down equipment according to OSHA requirements and company safety rules. Explain and interpret Pipe Welding Symbols following ASA Z32.2.3 latest revision
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts. Sets up and operates various pipe cutting, bending, and threading machinery. Demonstrate the preparation and assembly of a pipe assembly containing: Multiple bends, Flanges, and Branch pipes.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces. Bends, cuts, threads, shapes, fabricates and installs pipe according to job specifications. Demonstrate the correct use of all pipe fitting tools and techniques used to cut and fit pipe sections to the required dimensions, and measuring the setup prior to welding.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape. Cuts and bores holes in structures such as walls and fixtures before pipe installation; attaches pipes to walls and structures.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly. Installs various types of insulation and pipe covering; removes and disposes of old coverings in line with company hazardous waste procedures and EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Demonstrate welding skills to the extent necessary to: Pass the necessary qualifying tests that include ASME, ASW, and other pertinent certifications. Consistently complete an assigned welding task so the weld contains no defects or other reasons for rejection when inspected to the required specification. Makes hydraulic pressure test of piping installations. Checks and adjusts controls, gauges, and valves to achieve control of flow or pressure.
- Be able to visually inspect welds to the extent necessary to recognize weld imperfections as defined in all relevant specifications. Be able to understand the various methods of welding inspection and testing employed at RII. Be able to recognize weld defects. Able to recognize and name the various features of a weld. Such as root, toe, leg length, and weld face. Be able to determine when a weld in-process correction is appropriate. Be able to process defective welds. Inspects and maintains facility piping systems, heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems, water treatment and sewer systems, and burners and heaters. Reports deficiencies and corrects problems.
- Be able to select the appropriate filler metal per the requirements of the WPS. Understand the meaning of oxide entrapment. Understand in basic terms the metallurgical effect on the weld metal due to: Overheating the weld, Fast cooling, Slow cooling, and Welding contaminated base metal. Posts and keeps up-to-date records of piping systems and controls in the company “Facility Layout” manual. Posts records of safety checks and inspection dates of assigned equipment.
- Possess sufficient knowledge and skill to set up, adjust, and operate the welding system to complete and assigned welding tasks. Possess sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out routine maintenance per the manufacturer’s recommendations. Be able to recognize equipment malfunctions that can affect weld quality, safety, and equipment use.
- Demonstrate continued workmanship and personal development to the extent necessary to be able to: Engage in continuous improvement activity, process improvements and the development, Adapt and transfer current skills and knowledge to the development of new products and innovations, and Act as a mentor to new and current employees who need skill enhancement.
- Other duties as assigned.