Family-owned and operated, our team is forthright, approachable, qualified and honorable in all that we do.
We know who we are and where we are going and look forward to serving our customers for another 100 years and beyond.
CEO / Owner
Dan Rhoads | CEO / Owner
Dan represents the 4th generation of family ownership at Rhoads, responsible for leading all aspects of the company.
Dan has guided the company in the transition from performing industrial maintenance and custom fabrication at local industrial facilities in Northeast Philadelphia to expanding into maritime operations, large fabrication and assembly, and high-end quality work centered at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
He has built a strong team, developed partnerships with large defense contractors and acquired world-class large manufacturing facilities and a dry dock at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
Mr. Rhoads started in 1982 and brings over 35 years of experience to the company.
Prior to joining Rhoads, he served as an Accountant at the big eight accounting firm Touche Ross & Co.
• CPA – Certified Public Accountant (AICPA)
• CFP – Certified Financial Planner (AICPA)
He graduated from Franklin and Marshall College with a Bachelor of Administration in Accounting. Mr. Rhoads then received a Masters in Taxation from Villanova University.
Chief Operating Officer
Phil DiSciullo | Chief Operating Officer
Phil is the Chief Operating Officer at Rhoads, responsible for overseeing all operational divisions at Rhoads
- Oversee day to day operations for DOD, IS and Fabrication divisions
- Oversee Building 57 renovations
- Develop, deliver and oversee the Project Management programs for the Northrop Grumman and Navy contracts
Mr. Phillip DiSciullo brings 18 years of experience to the company.
Prior to joining Rhoads, he served as project management consultant and construction claims analyst at Capital Project Management Inc.
- DDG1000 Test Site, Building 77H NAVSSESS Philadelphia, PA – PM – Complete installation and integration of DDG100 test site and equipment – $20M
- CVN 78 and CVN 79 Gen Sets, Northrop Grumman – PM – Assembly of steam turbine generator assemblies – $3.5M
- Bulkhead and Bilge assemblies, Aker Philadelphia Shipyard – PM – Assembly bulkhead assemblies, 21 bulkheads per ship for ships 6 through 16. 10 Bilge assemblies for ship 21 – $16.5M
- Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia PA – PM/Scheduling/claims consultant for Electrical subcontractor. Assisted contractor with PM and scheduling during project and developed delay, disruption and inefficiency claim. Electrical contract value $25M. Contractor awarded $15M in damages.
He graduated from Drexel University with a Bachelor Degree in Commerce and Engineering Sciences
- PMI PMP
- OSHA 30
Chief Administration & Compliance Officer
Kim Buchinsky | Chief Administration & Compliance Officer
Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from University of Pennsylvania
Juris Doctor degree from Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Lean Manufacturing
- OSHA 30 Maritime & Construction
- Project Management through Drexel University Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- Federal Contracts Management through National Contracts Management Association
Ms. Buchinsky began her career with a Philadelphia area law firm as an associate gaining experience in various corporate/business law matters. She joined Rhoads in 2009 and is responsible for management and oversight for all administration and compliance departments which includes Environmental Health & Safety, Quality, Information Technology and Legal/Risk Management.
- Pennsylvania Bar and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Area & Vicinity Millwright Contractors Association, Secretary
- Association of Corporate Counsel
Chief Financial Officer
Bill Fell | Chief Financial Officer
Bill is the Chief Financial Officer at Rhoads. His responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversight of Accounting & Finance Administration and Operations
- Financial and Cash Management
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
Mr. Fell brings 25 years of experience to the company.
Prior to joining Rhoads, he served in various Accounting/Financial roles, beginning his career at Ernst & Young LLP as a staff auditor and since then, working as a senior accountant, Accounting Manager, Director of Forecasting & Financial Systems, and Controller at various public companies. The following are some selected accomplishments:
- Maritrans Inc., Philadelphia, PA – Accounting lead in various upgrades to Oracle ERP system. Development & Management of Rolling 5 Quarter Financial Forecast Process
- ABB Inc. – Instrumentation Division, Warminster, PA – Coordinated site efforts to transition G/L and A/P processes to SAP ERP system and ABB Shared Services facility. Created and coordinated documentation of business processes for Section 404 of Sarbanes Oxley. Revised Sales Incentive Program to more closely align with organizational goals
- Rhoads Industries, Inc., Philadelphia, PA – Reduced external audit fees by over 40% in first year with Company. Implemented weekly and annual cash flow forecast process
He graduated from the Pennsylvania State University with a B.S in Accounting, and Villanova University with an M.B.A. with a concentration in Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (PA) – inactive
- Board Member/Audit Committee Chairman & Financial Expert for Mutual Fund Family of 3 Funds
Formerly served as a Coach and Board Member for a Bucks County Youth Baseball Organization.
Chief Human Resource Officer
Randy McCullough | Chief Human Resource Officer
Randy is the Chief Human Resources Officer at Rhoads, responsible for all functions of human resources including recruitment, employee/labor relations, organizational development and training.
Mr. McCullough has more than 30 years’ of leadership in the areas of Human Capital, Training and Operations experience working in the Financial, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Transportation and the Renewable Energy Industry.
His experience includes companies such as Acme Markets, Inc.; The Vanguard Group; M.A. B. Paints; Campbell’s (Godiva) and Gamesa Technology. Prior to joining Rhoads, he served as Vice President Human Resources & Administration at Gamesa Technology.
- Serves as Board Chair for the Upper Main Line YMCA
He graduated from Villanova University with a DEGREE in Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Penn State University Masters of Business Administration.
Joseph C. Hare
Vice President Shipyard Operations
Joseph C. Hare | Vice President Shipyard Operations
Joseph C. Hare is Vice President for Rhoads Industries’ Shipyard Operations located at the Navy Yard, Philadelphia, consisting of two piers and a graving dock, along with shops, fabrication areas, and warehousing for ship repair customers, comprising over four acres of maritime facilities and related equipment.
Mr. Hare’s shipyard experience stems from his 34 years of service as a Surface Warfare officer in the United States Navy, from which he retired in the rank of Rear Admiral. Admiral Hare’s Flag billets included Commander, Military Sealift Command Atlantic and Europe, Commander, Naval Reserve Readiness Command, Region Four, Deputy Commander, Naval Surface Force, US Atlantic Fleet, and Deputy Commander, Naval Education and Training Command.
In addition to his Navy experience, Admiral Hare has held numerous leadership positions in industry, with both line and staff responsibilities, as legal counsel, and as a senior executive, most recently as a hospital CEO, COO of a healthcare architectural firm, General Counsel for a four-hospital healthcare system, and as hiring partner in a law firm specializing in complex litigation.
Education: BA, Villanova University; JD, Villanova School of Law.
Associations: Board Member, Executive Committee, The Maritime Exchange of Philadelphia; National Executive Committee; Pro Bono General Counsel; Life Member, Surface Navy Association; The Union League of Philadelphia; Past Board Member; Chair, Armed Services Council. Board Chair; President, Blue White Scholarship Foundation.
Shipyard Operations Manager
Bob Orbaugh | Shipyard Operations Manager
Robert Orbaugh is the Operations Manager of Rhoads Industries’ Shipyard located at the Navy Yard, Philadelphia, as well as the lead Project Manager and Dry Dock supervisor for the shipyard. He is an accomplished ship repair executive, based upon twenty years of experience as an Internal Communications Technician in the United States Navy, retiring in the rank of ICCS (SW), along with extensive experience gained over the past ten years with the various business lines of Rhoads Industries, Inc.
Mr. Orbaugh has a Master Project Manager (PM) Certification from Villanova University, along with 10 years of experience in senior PM roles in delivering millions of dollars of complex projects on time and on budget. Since opening the Rhoads Shipyard in 2009, Mr. Orbaugh has managed more than $40MM in maritime projects for Rhoads, including acting as Dockmaster for the dry-dockings of numerous US Navy ships, as well as all types of commercial ships, tugs and barges. He combines practical experience in the shipyard trades with advanced skills in the science of Project Management, utilizing the latest computer applications for recording and tracking all aspects of complex ship repair and overhaul processes.
BS, EE Excelsior College;
MPM Certification, Villanova University
Military Training, U.S. Navy:
Master Training Specialist, Great Lakes Training Facility
Quality Assurance Inspector/Supervisor
Command Leadership School
Director of Business Development
Bill North | Director of Business Development
Bill is the Director of Business Development at Rhoads, responsible for overseeing the Field Service work that we provide our manufacturing and industrial processing customers. Bill also is actively involved in the sales/marketing activities for both Industrial Services, as well as the Large Fabrication activities of the company.
Mr. North brings 35 years of experience to the company. Prior to joining Rhoads, he served as Market Executive at First Niagara.
- Northeast Treatment Centers (Treasurer, Executive Committee)
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce (Small Business Board and Middle Market Action Team)
Bill graduated from Gettysburg College with a B.A. in Business Administration. Bill formerly served on the Boards of the Main Line Chamber of Commerce and Radnor – A Better Chance.
Mike Rhoads | Strategic Relationships
Mike represents the 5th generation of family participation at Rhoads, responsible for relationships with key teaming partners, coordination of Rhoads’ Building 57 renovations, and getting mentored in all aspects of the Rhoads operations.
- Coordinates with consultants, engineers, and customers on operational, engineering, and business development projects
- Works on engineering, strategy, financing, and schedule with the construction team for the renovations of Rhoads’ Building 57 manufacturing facility
- Manages business development activities for the expansion of new programs at Building 57
Mr. Rhoads started with Rhoads in 2015. Prior to joining Rhoads, he served as a Business Analyst at Deloitte Consulting. He also interned for 2 summers at Clark Construction in project management for construction projects at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore and City Market at O Street in Washington D.C.
He graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and a Minor in Business.
Operations Support Manager
Janice Gibbon | Operations Support Manager
Janice is the Manager of the Operations Support group at Rhoads, responsible for all aspects of purchasing, receiving, and project reporting and support. In addition, she is responsible for leading company-wide process improvement efforts as well as the development and enhancement of the ERP system capabilities including system standardization, project costing, controls, and reporting efforts.
Ms. Gibbon brings 25 years of experience to the company.
Prior to joining Rhoads, she served as Director of Business Planning and Analysis at Advertising Specialty Institute.
She has extensive experience in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
Throughout her career, she has regularly served as liaison between finance and information technology departments on multiple system implementations.
She earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems from the University of Notre Dame.
- Janice earned her Lean Level One Certification