Rhoads is the ideal teaming partner to large defense contractors and government agencies for large steel fabrication/assembly and industrial services programs. By providing a world-class heavy fabrication facility, skilled multi-trade workforce and an agile team that can quickly adapt to unique quality, contracting and procedure requirements, Rhoads complements teaming partners that focus in engineering, quality and program management. Rhoads’ team includes a workforce highly-skilled in large custom fabrication, large assembly, pipe-fitting, equipment installation and overall mechanical support that works collaboratively with our management and consultant team that provide proven expertise in the project management, contracting, quality management, and accounting practices needed to excel in the federal defense industry and beyond. Located in the Mid-Atlantic at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, Rhoads maintains a 300,000 square foot heavy manufacturing facility with 200 ton/58 feet under hook lifting capability that is strategically adjacent to navigable water with pier/dry dock access along the Delaware River.
We provide expertise in fabrication and assembly of large, custom steel components including pressure vessels, structural platforms, ship bulkheads, turbine generator set assemblies, and large skids. We also perform any needed equipment installation, pipe-fitting, and specialized steel fabrication. Our services are backed by our management and consultant team that provide proven expertise in the industry knowledge, project management, contracting, quality management, and accounting practices needed to excel in the federal defense industry and beyond.
Rhoads has experience since 2006 operating as a prime contractor for the federal government in industrial services. During this time we have developed an excellent reputation across various agencies as evidenced through the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS). Our cost accounting system has been approved by the Defense Contracting Auditing Agency (DCAA) and we are below the small business size standard for the majority of the NAICS codes below, making us an excellent subcontracting and partner option for other government contractors.
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
The following chart lists some of the typical NAICS codes that Rhoads services:
- 36220 – Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
- 237120 – Oil and Gas and Related Structures Construction
- 238190 – Other Foundation, Structure, and Building Exterior Contractors
- 238290 – Other Building Equipment Contractors
- 238990 – All Other Specialty Trade Contractors
- 332312 – Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing
- 332313 – Plate Work Manufacturing
- 332322 – Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing
- 332710 – Machine Shops
- 332996 – Fabricated Pipe and Pipe Fitting Manufacturing
- 33299 – All other miscellaneous fabricated metal product manufacturing
- 336611 – Ship Building and Repairing
- 336612 – Boat Building
- 811310 – Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except automotive and electronic) repair and maintenance