Like our services, Rhoads was built to last – and that starts with hiring the right people.
Our team’s trade skills, experience and commitment to efficiency, safety and productivity is what has ensured our superior track record of performance and trust with our clients for more than a century.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Rhoads team, apply now.
Quality Control System Manager
Position Description The primary responsibility of the Rhoads QCQ System Manger is to provide onsite monitoring and supervision of quality requirements as they pertain to the execution of Navy Contracts.
The general responsibilities of the Rhoads’ QCQ System Manger are as follows:
1. Reviews contract specifications, reference codes, and standards to assure onsite compliance.
2. Ensures all required plans/documents/materials are approved/accepted, and the correct copies are at the work site.
3. Reviews Contract drawings to assure onsite compliance.
4. Checks to assure that all materials and/or equipment have been tested, submitted, and approved.
5. Exams work area to assure that work has been completed and is in compliance.
6. Exams materials, equipment, and sample work to assure that they are on hand, conform to approved shop drawings or submitted data, and are properly stored.
7. Establishes level of workmanship and verify that it meets minimum acceptable workmanship standards.
8. Documents construction tolerances and workmanship standards.
9. Performs daily checks to assure control activities, including control testing, are providing continued compliance with contract requirements.
10. Documents daily checks in the CQC documentation. Conducts final follow-up checks and corrects all deficiencies.
11. Reviews appropriate activity hazard analysis to assure safety.
1. A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction.
2. Quality Management experience in general industry.
3. Experience in supervision of employees in an industrial environment.
4. Demonstrate advanced working knowledge of QA industry references.
5. Ability to interpret specifications, mechanical drawings, PID’s, and blueprints.
6. Ability to communicate requirements in an industrial environment, and to give effective direction by using written, verbal, or sketching/Cad.
7. Thorough familiarity with and understanding of AWS, ASME, ASTM and AISC Codes.
8. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, and sufficient Quality Assurance experience and expertise to be able to evaluate, analyze, communicate, and discuss QA issues effectively with Rhoads’ Senior Management, Rhoads QA personnel, Rhoads’ craft personnel, and Customer QA representatives.
9. Possess superior organizational skills, be detail-oriented & accurate, and demonstrate advanced analytical skills.
10. Completion of CQM for Contractors course certification within 90 days of hire. This course is periodically offered by the Naval Facilities Engineering Command and the individual Army Corps of Engineers Districts.
Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving in an automobile, and may require walking and standing on irregular and uneven surfaces in an industrial setting. The performance of this position involves frequent exposure to construction or industrial areas where the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats and hearing protection is required.
Application Instructions Please apply online. If you have any questions regarding the application process email Teresa Doyle at email@example.com
Rhoads Industries is currently seeking a Pipefitter to join their team. This individual will perform on site installation, maintenance, and upgrades to machinery, equipment, and facilities according to verbal, written instruction, PI&Ds, engineered drawings and schematics.
Responsibilities of Industrial Service Pipe Fitter/Welder:
- Perform in the field using related experience and knowledge of codes and specifications.
- Reads and deciphers work scope, engineered drawings, and PI&Ds to determine work procedures and build method.
- Works with Installation group at the customer work site. Dismantle, move, rig, assemble, and install process equipment, machinery as well as facility upgrades.
- Install necessary piping to equipment as well as facility upgrades.
- Assembles machinery, bolts, welds, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Repairs, lubricates, and service machinery and equipment per specifications. Works in a safe manner according to company and site safety standards.
Requirements of Industrial Service Pipe Fitter/Welder:
- The successful candidate must have experience with MIG, TIG, and Stick, welding process to qualify to the Pipe 6-G and structural in various positions both in stainless steel and steel. Past welding certification history is a plus.
- Must be able to both fit and connect process piping by means of welding, sweating, swaging, gluing, bolting, threading, clamping, etc.
- Experience with installation of sanitary (food and pharmaceutical) process piping and Orbital welding.
- Able to use various measuring equipment.
- Qualified individuals must possess a full range of mechanical knowledge as well as the ability to fabricate and install piping and equipment as specified on drawings and PI&Ds.
- This individual should have excellent communication skills and a team player.
- A strong customer-service focus is essential to succeed in this position.
- Interested candidates should be willing to work flexible hours to meet the installation needs of our customers.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- Have all the necessary hand tools to perform their discipline.
- Able to supply their own transportation to and from job sites within the tri state area.
- High school Graduate, related Trade school and History of past experience in this industry required.
- Pipe Fitter/Welder: 3 years